Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ready to Start a Revolution...

I’m ready to start a Revolution
Got a mind like Toni Morrison’s “Guitar”
But 7 days is 24 hours
And my weapon of choice is power
Of the mind
Of mine
Divine
The divinity of the hand of God himself
So Im good

And I wont lie sometimes I get scared
Cause I might die
Shit I might fry
For the things I say outta my mouth
Without a doubt I want it
I want this REVOULUTION

Like
Like Bush wants Saddam
Like a cop wants a crime
Like a pimp wants a dime
Like Israel wants Palestine
Or vice versa

With a glock nine shooting bullets of truth
I headed to the steps of the white house and takin over
Yelling chants of life, liberty and the pursuit of the O’ mighty dollar
Cause hell that is happiness
The revolution I’m ready to start will be televised
And no you cant sensor me for FOX News cause
I got one finger on both hands
Aimed at anyone at anyone to shook to be down

If you can’t tell I aint on no
“we shall over come”
Im on that “I got my gun now Run”
Cause their’s a strange fruit growing in my garden of Eden
And no I ain’t no heathen
Just anti- pacifist, anti-racist and anti ant anti…
Everyone that ever oppressed my people
My life
My mind
My body
My spirit
Free

As a bird in the wind flying
Over head like a helicopter
In the hood searching searching searching
For a way out a way in
a way above above above
above my home
above the 9th ward
above the white house
the oppressive house
stand clear and make way
It’s OUR day and the REVOLUTION I’m ready to start is on the way

Adding fuel to a massive fire
That plans on burning down this United States of America
The Southern Poverty Law Center has ME on its list of Amerika’s Most Wanted
And Im proud cause I’m
Takin a torch to the white porch
And no it aint either “the ballot or the bullet”
Malcolm did that a long time ago
My weapon of choice is power
Of the mind, divine
Divinely sent from the hands of GOD so I’m good
Bet you wish you could repress
But don’t stress
Better yet do stress
Cause whomever wants beef is
Next!

I got a feelin
I got a feelin Lord
I got a feelin
My people wanna start a Revolution

-The Hip Hop Mona Lisa: A Neo-Healer

No comments: