Thursday, May 22, 2008

Vintage,Seasoned,Antiqued,Marinated and Familiar


allowing transit to further the foundation I thought I laid in///
opting to sit alone and backtrack instead of posting next to a stripped stranger///
backtracking reading my lines my pupils havent penetrated in a while///
watching each line polish the dullness i've worn like a badge///
throwing its remains back into a bin of other knick knacks,earrings, back pins, beads and buds///
rereading words and singing them out loud-even the lyrics forgotten is whats dope on my side of town///
knowing when to go back///
what references to check///
chasing pavements with pressed pupils to each ground rock, from cement to sentiment///
post-it notes, left in liner notes and highlighted paragraphs shift to the ashes of myrrg scented sticks and cones///
revisiting these materials reminded me that GOD is a BLACK woman
and humble pie hurts no matter how thick or thinly its sliced


ARTIST*** nyjia jones

No comments: