Sunday, October 12, 2008

'O' has NEVER looked Sooo DAMN Cool!



We're all in such an interesting space right now.

Yesterday was very exciting for many in Philadelphia. Barack Obama spoke at 4 sites. Palin was staying in a local hotel right downtown on Broad Street. Hundreds of Obama supporters rallied outside of her hotel and shouted praise for their prospective hero. "OBAMA" has become more than just a last name- but it's flowered into a symbol,the title of a new lifestyle to subscribe, an indiscriminatory religion [OBAMAism] for dope dealers, yuppies, pop culture fiends, grey heads and hipsters alike.
In class one afternoon I realized that the marketing plan for Obama is wickedly ingenius. His stamp is everywhere---the 3 red stripes,overlaying the blue background, and white sphere. The motif of REAL CHANGE and a social GENESIS has been captured seemlessly inside of an 'O'.This man excites our senses. If his literary propaganda doesn't catch us...the multicolored images of his face will. All of the steps taken to solidify another vote are coupled so well with his charisma.

I have been foloowing the debates,magazine cover stories,& the countless interviews. However, I was against wearing an Obama pin for quite a while. And I refused to rock one of the many Obama shirts in Urban Outfitters.
I felt I would joining in with the mass commercialization of the season.

I had yet another epiphany in my class [I daydream a little too often] ; I came to the conclusion that I've not been as supportive of Barack Obama as I should be. Not that I'be been apathetic. But I was so focused on not trivializing the message, that I was not actively recognizing the various layers that make this time so beautiful.

Well folks, today I not only did I purchase 1 Obama pin but I snagged 3. I really support his vision.

Yesterday , I am touched by the children, old White women, horn honking cars, Jews, young Blacks, motorcyclists, dogs [and the list goes on] who cheered for this man and fashioned their trendy Obama gear and posters.

It's true... 'O' has never looked cooler.
And I still do not know what McCain's symbol is...if he even has one.

Lemme google it.
Shalom-muBARACK...

;-)


-Johnston Michaels

No comments: