Monday, January 12, 2009

YOUR SHOOTING BLOWS ME!

one thing that has been bothering me for QUITE some time is seeing the art school photographers/mediographers using their cameras to shoot 'homeless' people.

I am not sure of what these kids' intentions are with these stills.
but I'm sure they've found some larger implication to validate their strides.

it's still not something I like to witness!!!

My general distaste for the practice is combined with my annoyance of these photographer running with a concept that is sooo trite.

I am not a film man;I guess there is something rather compelling about using clean shots & decent composition as a platter for something that is everything but pristine...

I just don't like the idea of exploiting an individuals destitution...their 'homelessness' for my ART CAUSE...ya know?

It really blows me son!
That's all.

Eat that.
=)

-Johnston M.

No comments: