Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Back to Afr... Paris??


EVERYONE IN THE ART WORLD IS GOING TO PARIS... And by everyone I mean all the artist of color in America that I have come in contact with this year. My talented sistah and loving friend Janine Simon (if you really know whats god for you google her) was the first to hip me to the back to Paris trend. She put me down that Saul Williams, Beau Sia, Queen and so many others are going over seas to rekindle the artistic fire. It's like a new Renaissance. Except this time it's not DuBois or Baker or Baldwin, but rather the new age of young poets, writers, sings, visual artist and visionaries. I'm excited to see this new movement. I feel like it's what I have been waiting for... a reason to believe that the artist really are connected by a divine force. How else can one explain how everyone just picked summer 09 to escape to Paris. Also the word is that Paris is opening it's arms wide to all these beautiful artist and extending a warm welcome so that is even more exciting. I'm working on saving up so that Johnston and I can make our journey and backpack through Paris and then make a move to Spain. Hit us up if your down to make that move! Like I always say, the Peppermint is still grinding our gears...

-The HipHopMonaLisa

1 comment: