Tuesday, July 29, 2008

ADD Ferentz to your LIBRARY and your PLAYLIST!




Quite a few members of the arts collective are currently matriculating at the esteemed Eugene Lang College ,New School for liberal arts. [Du ART...e ,Georgia Brown...and Dr. Mother Covert to be exact].



My dear friend, Georgia Brown put me down with the writings of one of her professors,Ferentz Lafargue, who is the assistant professor of literature. She tells me to check out his book "Songs in the Key of my Life". So I do. I bring it home...and it rests on my table. I had every intention to read it eventually.
But, having a startling dream and waking at 5:30 am, I find it hard to drift back into any kind of slumber so I pick up the book.
Folks, I have just completed the first chapter and with sincere exclamation I must say " it moved me!" I believe that just like huemens energy and consciousness brings certain things into fruition along with people into our space...the effects are the same with books; we either attract the kinds of readings that our hearts need at a point, or we adapt a reading to couple our emotional demands.

I am shifting. I am shifting to another area of focus, and love devotion. I am also intensely concerned with honing my creative writing craft. Lafargue scrathches beyond the surface & excites the imagination with connections he makes between songs and experiences; between nostalgia, his heritage and the intitial impact of instrumentaion. Each chapter is titled by a song, which he seemlessly expounds upon and dissects in that section.





Not only for the lover, and once loved but this book also explores the power within music.

Please put this book on your "TO BUY" list.

Join me on this path!!! LET US SUPPORT OUR ARTISTIC BLACK BRETHREN! The book is $12.95 [for all you frugal consumers] and is only 173 pages for all you non reading people. LOL.

BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT!
...and over the course of your journey with this book, I suggest adding the songs he incorporates into his story- to your playlist. It will enhance your literary-musical experience.

Shalom-mubaraak*

-Brother Johnston Michaels

1 comment:

The Nightshift Chronicler said...

Thank you.
http://www.ferentz.com/latest-news/2008/7/30/songs-strikes-a-chord.html