Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Beginning is G.O.O.D.

So I recently turned 20 years old, and with aging another year comes assessing self.
And FOLKS , I grew extremely depressed! Whether you want to call it "mid-MID LIFE Crisis" or just disappointment, I felt that for the last 365 days my strides to be an incredible artist had been futile.
I then took inventory of my accomplishments over the past year & noticed that I did a lot of STARTING; When I had a vision I brought it to fruition. My dreams came to life not only by my wise work but with support from PEOPLE.
I no longer felt like a failure. Visions just should not sit. I know that this is the season to carry them through. That's what separates the FLAKE from the ambitious creator.

I don't write this passage with a self centered spirit, but for utter encouragement. I know that as HUEmens we get awfully discouraged by our own dreams...and not because they are not brilliant; but because once we breathe life into them and feed them water of diligence and time-we still dont see the growth we would like. In order to be the moguls and trailblazers we all envision ourselves as...we must BEGIN.

I am here to let you know that you are not alone.
NO artist walks alone. There are a million of us out here birthing, weezing, lactating, and crying!!!
So flash your pearly whites and keep working wise!

shalom-mubaraak*

-Master Johnston Michaels

No comments: