Monday, July 21, 2008

I'M NOT GONNA WRITE YOU A COOL SONG!

i look in the mirror
asking myself, "how do i write a story?".
a song is nothing but a story organized to have pulse & pitch, right?!
and as often as we read them
& dance to them,
& allow old white men to offer us childhood fables to be enchanted by
& sing the "abc's" to figga out what letta comes afta 'p'...
well,
Its STILL such a daunting task to create my own.
the tales of my [daily] darkening skin
and the reason i wipe sweat from my brow cannot be notated.
they cannot be marked with trills
or broken into measures.
i experience no long trains of thought-
sooo i guess it makes me "Crazy" like Cee-lo
and my COLDEST WINTER EVER was definitely "HOTTER THAN JULY"
but it doesn't mean I can write a stevie hit.
maybe i'll just mumble on paper...
all too often we feel pressured to share with the world cohesive thought
well,
i choose to give you my fickled-fumbled-5 yr old stream of consciousness

NOW YOUR TURN?!

-Johnston Michaels

No comments: